In an effort to decrease the number of series I’m currently reading, I’m not just prioritizing finishing series, I’m also being realistic about which new series I don’t really feel a need to ever finish. Sometimes that’s because I didn’t like the first book, sometimes the first book was good but I don’t feel like I need more, and sometimes it’s a mystery series where each book stands on its own and I already have a couple of those that satisfy my personal reading taste.
Here is every series I read from in 2022 that I have no intention of ever finishing.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Sands of Arawiya by Hafsah Faizal
- Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore – The first book was surprisingly fun to read and I’m happy leaving it at that
- The Radiant Empire by Shelley Parker-Chan
- Blade Runner by Philip K. Dick – I actually really enjoyed this, but the rest of the series is written by another author, so I’m good with just letting this one be on its own
- Wilderwood by Hannah Whitten
- Forgotten Gods by Marie Rutkoski
- Hack/Slash by Tim Seeley
- xxxHolic by CLAMP
- Magical Bakery Mystery by Bailey Cates
- Michael Bennett by James Patterson
- The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans
- Hamish Macbeth Mystery by M.C. Beaton
- Christmas Hope by Donna VanLiere
- Detective Luc Moncrief by James Patterson
- Meg Langslow by Donna Andrews
- Lucy Stone by Leslie Meier
- Christmas Stories by Anne Perry
- Wishing Tree by Susan Mallery
Did you try reading any series this year that you don’t plan to finish?